December 3, 2015. Pembroke, MA – Revenue Solutions, Inc. (RSI), a company that specializes in providing revenue and compliance management products and services to Federal, State and Municipal government agencies, is pleased to announce a contract this week in response to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue (PA DOR) request for a Sales, Use and Hotel Occupancy Tax – Desk Enforcement Solution.
RSI was selected through a competitive procurement to meet the PA DOR’s need to accurately and effectively detect taxpayers who are not in compliance with Pennsylvania Sales, Use and Hotel Occupancy tax obligations. The effort will be delivered using RSI’s Revenue Premier® Portfolio Warehouse Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) software product which helps agencies get the most out of their valuable taxpayer data. The project involves defining data sources, creating compliance programs and applying analytics in the Portfolio Warehouse solution to determine the best desk audit candidates to select for Sales, Use and Hotel Occupancy taxes.
The scope of work for this project includes the following:
- The identification, selection, prioritization and documentation of case findings for selected cases, and appropriate compliance actions
- Recommendations to extend the Desk Enforcement Solution to non-filers and under-reporters which includes technical, analytical and business process skill sets
- Training of PA DOR staff
RSI was well positioned for this procurement having critical experience in:
- Data-driven case identification and prioritization, with the use of advanced analytics and data mining techniques
- Modernization of desk enforcement and desk audit programs with the use of supporting case management and workflow technologies and automated actions to maximize staff productivity
- Specific sales and related taxes desk enforcement
The RSI Project Team is working onsite in Harrisburg. The three-year contract will entail one year for implementation and two years for ongoing support.
The DOR’s decision to select RSI and Revenue Premier will expand Pennsylvania’s current Revenue Premier Portfolio Warehouse implementation, providing the industry’s best Compliance Management solution to build upon as they go forward with modernization efforts.